Sunday, March 2, 2008

Say "Shoes" in different languages


You’ve often heard about that list of how to say “I love you” in x languages, and you probably even do know how to say “I love you” in at least three or four languages, right? (If you care to know, I can say it in seven languages, THAT’S RIGHT!)

And then I got to thinking, shouldn’t I also know how to say “shoes”–one of my greatest, most enduring loves–in as many languages as possible?

So here–I provide you with a stub, a start list, if you will, and by all means, if you can contribute more languages, do so in the comments or in the Forums. Thanks!


Dutch: Schoen
French: Chaussures
German: Schuhe
Greek: παπουτσια (papoutsia)
Italian: Scarpe
Portuguese: Sapatos
Romanian: Pantofi
Russian: обувь
Spanish: Zapatos

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Philippines = Sapatos

Anonymous said...

Chinese: 鞋, xie

Anonymous said...

Urdu = jootay

Anonymous said...

Sri Lankan
Shoes = Sapattu
Slippers = Sereppu